Sunday Services available on Facebook Live only. Please do not come on
All Sunday School, BFG’s and Wednesday Bible Studies are cancelled until
Tithes and Offerings can be done through:
2. Shelby Next App (see below for details)
Update March 19, 2020
Dear Northwest Family,
With the President and Surgeon General of the United States telling Americans to not hold meetings or assemblies with more than 10 people, we have made the difficult decision to hold only online services through our Facebook Page.
We are first and foremost concerned with the health and safety of those who attend Northwest. We are mindful of those we come in contact with and specially those of our congregation who may be at higher risk; We do not want to put anyone at risk.
This means we are going to have a significant strain on our budget as we still have obligations to meet and many may not be able to turn in their tithes and offerings. We are praying that you will continue to give via the US Mail or on our Shelby Next app (see how below).
Want to do something really cool to do on Wednesdays? Why not have family time where you sing and have a Bible Study. Click on the links below for some great material that you could use.
We live in a terrific time right now in that we can still worship together through the technology we have. So with that in mind, please join Pastor Dave and Kathleen this Sunday on Facebook. Why not even head over to a friend or family member’s home and watch the service together, then post your gathering on your Facebook and the church’s Facebook page!
We also do not want you to feel as though you cannot do anything. Here are some opportunities for you to do:
Pray for the people, communities, and nations that have been deeply affected by
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and for those who are working diligently to stop it from
- See how you can help others.
- Check with your neighbors to see if you can do anything for them
- Go grocery shopping for your neighbor or an elderly person who can’t go shopping for themselves, but do take precautions.
- When visiting someone, especially the elderly, assume that you are a carrier. Wash your hands, use hand sanitizer, etc.
- Please be smart. Don’t go out if you are sick or have flu like symptoms.
- Take in an International College Student who can’t get back home right now.
- Who knows, you might win them to the Lord!
- As Christians, we don’t need to panic during this crisis. We are going to get through this and we are going to do it together. However, we can still serve others and be the hands and feet of Jesus during this time.
Our website will continue to have updates and it is where you can get a lot of your information. We will also post updates to our Facebook Page.
- We want you to know that our church is placing a priority on prevention and are trying to do our best to keep you and everyone who comes onto our campus as safe as possible. Thus the decision to close the campus until further notice.
- Please join us in praying for those who are affected by this illness.
- Follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)’s guidelines (Scroll down to see what they are)
- How to continue giving your tithes and offerings
- Mail it in
- Give through our ShelbyNext app. If you don’t have it yet, go to the app store and download the ShelbyNext app and fill out all of the necessary information.
- Go to our website: http://www.nwbchurch.org
- Click on the Give tab located at the top of the page
- Click on the Blue Give Online tab
- Follow the step-by-step instructions
- Text via Smartphone to 305.614.9226. You will receive a link via text to click on to finish the process
- How to stay connected
- View our livestream on our Facebook Page this Sunday and share it with your friends.
I, along with my staff will continue to monitor what additional steps may need to be implemented in the future. We will also continue to follow guidance from local and national authorities on appropriate next steps and necessary precautions our church should take. We appreciate you and your help in order to maintain the health and safety of our church family.
Pastor Dave and Staff
Healthy Habits for Virus Prevention
How can you protect yourself and your family?
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to the virus. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
These everyday habits can help prevent the spread of viruses!
Coronavirus Telephone Hotline: 1-866-779-6121
*Hotline provided by the Florida Department of Health and is staffed 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday
Talking to Children About COVID-19